- Apply a few drops of oil. The oil should ideally be non greasy and non comedogenic and should be applied as the last step of your skincare routine. It will give your skin a beautiful glow while also protecting it from cold weather.
- Use a vitamin C serum. Vitamin C is a great brightening and anti-aging ingredient. I am specifically recommending a serum because in serums you can find higher % of active ingredients (it’s also why serums tend to be more expensive compared to other skincare products).
- Apply sunscreen. Most sunscreens leave the skin looking quite shiny -in fact, it might even be TOO shiny for some. If your sunscreen ends up being too dewy for your liking you can apply some mattifying powder on top to even it out. Besides, I am sure I don’t have to get into the benefits of wearing sunscreen for preventing early aging signs…
- Use a glycolic acid peel. Glycolic acid is the most researched AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) in skincare. Exfoliating in general leaves the skin looking brighter. Some products with glycolic acid can be left on for 10 minutes and then rinsed if glycolic acid is too strong for your skin type.
- Apply some makeup. Makeup is not my field of expertise; I am a cosmetic chemist, not a makeup artist. But I do love makeup! A dewy foundation and some highlighter will give your skin that healthy glow right away. You don’t need pro makeup skills to get that kind of result: it’s quick and easy.